Google updated the Google AMP plugin for WordPress to version 1.2. The release introduced a new AMP Stories editor that is powered by Gutenberg. This Story Editor includes custom blocks that enables you to do the following:
- Multiple story pages can be added in a horizontal editing interface.
- Page reordering with drag and drop
- Text block allows for text to automatically resize to fit the container
- Blocks can be dragged and rotated anywhere on a page, with ability to move in front of or behind other blocks.
- Select from blank pages or pre-made page templates
Stories created in the editor can be embedded in other posts and pages using the regular embed block or the Latest Stores block. Stories are a mobile-focused format that has become increasingly popular with social networking apps.